I absolutely love weddings! They are such romantic events...beautiful flowers, fancy dresses, twinkling lights, and dreamy music all make it feel like you are part of a fairy tale. A lot of work does go into planning a wedding, but don't get stressed out...take the time to enjoy it! Make it fun, this is your day and it should be unique to you, Whatever you do, don't be afraid to show your personality. Now lets get started! If you were to ask me, I would say that finding dresses is the very first step in planning your wedding. This may seem obvious, but when I first began planning my wedding I was a little naive about this, it wouldn't be that hard...right? After all, I knew exactly what I wanted, unfortunately it wasn't as easy as I thought. As time goes by it grows increasingly hard to find modest formal wear for ladies, especially if you are shopping during the spring or summer months. I am not a fan of dresses that need a lot of tacky alterations done to make them decent or have to have little jackets worn over them to cover up them being sleeveless, which is unfortunately the case in most store bought dresses. I ended up having my bridesmaids dresses sewn, but that wasn't until I had gotten stressed out from a little too much shopping! So my advice to you would be to decide early what on which route you plan to go and stick with it. With that said, I would like to mention that I was able to find a few websites online that sell modest dresses it just depends on whether you want to risk buying something that you or your bridesmaids are unable to try on first. As long as you order far enough in advance, you should be able to return or get alterations done without a problem. Just don't wait until the last minute. I probably would have seriously considered going this route myself if I hadn't used up so much valuable time shopping in bridal shops. The links below might be of some help. Once you've got your dress and your bridesmaids dresses you can take a deep breath and relax...if all else fails, at least you'll all look pretty! Happy planning!Beautifully Modest.com
Totally Modest.com
Latter Day Bride.com

0 comments:
Post a Comment