This book, written by Debi Pearl, was given to me recently. I have not yet finished reading it, but it has already been a blessing to me, I have learned so much from it. If you are a married woman and have never had the opportunity to read this book, I would highly recommend that you get it.
I personally believe that it is important for me as a young married lady to learn from someone who is older, more experienced, and who has a happy marriage. Michael and Debi Pearl have been happily married for 34 years now.
I took this excerpt from the introduction of Created To Be His Help Meet: "I am not a accomplished, professional writer who has collected and collated material from other writers and speakers. I am a happy, creative wife, homeschool mom, and grandmother who, many years ago by the grace of God, found God's will through his written Word, my husband's instruction, and my mother's example. I followed the plan and have enjoyed the blessed fruits of love for many years. I write to you because what I have enjoyed is just too good to bequeath only to my daughters and the few women I reach one at a time. God commands older women to teach the younger women the wonders of wifehood, I can think of no better way to obey this command than to write to you of God's beautiful love plan. Regardless of what kind of a person you have been in the past, with instructions from God's Word, you can become a heavenly-gift bride. You can still be your man's dream come true, and in the process your dreams will come true also."
Titus 2:3-5 "The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed."
Note: This book is written to married women, I do not recommend it for unmarried girls.


3 comments:
I have never read it but I have heard alot about it. Glad your enjoying it!
It is a wonderful book! God bless you and your husband on deputation.
When we were in Nepal, my friend Sherry shared this book with me. I did not have much time to read a lot of it, I am looking to forward to purchasing it. It is great.
Sandy
Also hope to talk to you soon.
Post a Comment