Guess what! We just got Verizon wireless internet! I'll still be pretty busy, but I should be able to post more often:) There is so much that I could write about, it's just hard to know where to start!
Right now we are down in the great state of Texas. It's amusing how proud Texans are of their state. for instance, when my husband mentioned to a local that most of the roads look pretty new, the man looked at him like duh... and said "this is Texas".
We really are enjoying our time here. This morning we visited a botanical garden here in Fort Worth. I love going to flower gardens! My husband is such a sweetheart, he's always thinking of ways to make deputation more enjoyable:) I'll be honest with you, deputation has been difficult for me, but I know that this is what God wants for me right now. My sister who's a missionary suggested that I keep a journal. Who knows maybe I'll write a book about it someday. All the churches that we've been in along the way have been a real blessing to us. We are praying that we will be able to leave for Nepal this coming spring. Well I'm going to go for now, but don't worry, I'll be back.
Note: I tried to upload some pictures, but I guess the internet connection isn't fast enough.
Friday, September 12, 2008
Howdy From The Lone Star State
Posted by Grace at 3:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I'm glad you'll be able to post more regularly despite your busy schedule! :o) I think you should collect something from each place so that you can have a neat little display of all the states you've visited once you settle in on the mission field. :o)
Yay for verizon internet -
You guys aren't close to the hurricane affected areas are you?
Oh Grace,
I'm so jealous! I would love to be in Texas, that's home ground for me and I grew up in Ft. Worth.
May I ask what church you were in? My home church is in Arlington, Trinity Baptist Church, Dr. Bob Smith. If you have an open meeting drop in and make sure to introduce yourself as missionaries to Nepal. They have lots of excess missions money and Preacher would probably let your husband tell about his field.
Oh yea and we (Texans) are extremely proud and with good reason! :0) *WINK*
Good to hear again how ya'll are doing? I think of you often and pray for you. Maybe we will met before we both get to Nepal
Sandy
Hi Grace!
I've been missing you. It's good to hear that you're safe. I was a little worried that you were where the hurricane hit... call me sometime when you have a minute. : ) Love you!
Hello there. I just had a spare minute to read your blog. I am a member of Trinity Baptist Temple, a church you guys presented to for our Missions Conference. I just wanted to let you know how much we enjoyed your visit. You and your husband were both so nice, and we hope to have you back again.... Maybe by then ya'll will learn to like SWEET TEA!!
PS
Trinity Baptist Temple is very proud of our state, but even more proud of what God is doing in our lives. Thank you for obeying the call of the Lord.
Blessings,
Ashley Holt
Post a Comment