Most of you know that a week and a half ago my husband and I got back from our second survey trip to Nepal. We had a great trip. Although I don't particularly enjoy flying, I must say that overall we had great flights. All together, including layovers, our trip from Chicago to Kathmandu took us about 36 hours. On this visit, we were able to spend two weeks in Kathmandu, the capital of Nepal. My husband's main goal this trip was to get video footage to update our DVD presentation that we show in churches while traveling on deputation. We were able to accomplish so much thanks to the help of the Ortiz family.
Answers to frequently asked questions:
1. The language spoken in Nepal is Nepali. It sounds similar to Hindi.
2. We will be getting into Nepal on student visas
3. When we get to Nepal my husband will attend language school while I have a tutor at home.
4. We will be able to get most American foods in the grocery store.
5. The currency used in Nepal is rupees. Although, the exchange rate does fluctuate, while we were there it got up to 68 rupees to a dollar.
6. Nepal is considered a third world country
7. About 86% of the population of Nepal is Hindu



Thursday, May 29, 2008
Nepal Survey Trip Continued...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Thanks for sharing the information about Nepal! :) Is Hindi the language that they speak in India?
Post a Comment