Friday, May 2, 2008

Dump Cake

"This is a super yummy recipe that I got from lady at one of the missions conferences that we were at recently."

1 can cherry pie filling
1 can crushed pineapple (including juice)
1 box Duncan Hines yellow cake mix
2 stick melted butter
1 cup chopped pecans
1 can coconut (optional)

Dump ingredients into an ungreased 9x13 baking pan. (1) pie filling, (2) pineapple, (3) cake mix, (4) coconut, (5) pecans. DO NOT MIX. Pour melted butter on top. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.

3 comments:

Arlene said...

You know, I've seen this recipe in a few places, and I've just never tried it myself... now that you've posted it and say it's good, I just might have to give it a try! :)

Arlene said...

Um... but I'll leave out the nuts and maybe the coconut, as I'm not really a fan of either, lol!

A Heart of Praise said...

This sounds really good! I wonder if it would work if I made the cake mix from scratch? Umm I'll have to give it a try! :)