This summer has been pretty busy. One of my projects today was canning pickled banana peppers I got the recipe for them from my husband's aunt they are delicious. I thought that I would post the recipe since we love them so much.
Pickled Banana Pepper Recipe
3 Quarts Water
1 Quart White Vinegar
1 Cup Canning Salt
1 tsp. Alum
1 tsp. Cream of Tarter
Combine all above ingredients and bring brine to a boil.
1-1/2 lbs Banana Peppers
In each 1 quart jar put:
1 sprig fresh dill
1 Clove Garlic
1/8 tsp. Pepper
1 Tbsp. Cooking Oil
Wash peppers and remove stems. Pack tightly into hot clean jars. Pour hot brine over top leaving a half inch head space. Screw on hot lids and bands and processes in boiling water bath canner for fifteen minutes. Yield: Makes about four quarts.
Thursday, August 30, 2007
Pickled Banana Peppers
Posted by Grace at 2:55 PM
Labels: Favorite Recipes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment